October 12, 2010

bullying

So what are you to do when your little one comes home from school and complains that they have no friends because the friend that they do have doesn't have any friends.

You try to figure out why.

And this is why, your little one is a sweetheart and doesn't want to leave anyone out.  Why, oh why do we raise such sweet little creatures?

To make this world a better place so that when they are adults they raise sweet kids of their own.

So, what does this have to do with bullying, you ask?

My little one is being bullied by a little girl at school and it is wrecking havoc on my nerves.  How do you send someone into a situation that you know how to fix, but they are stubborn and don't want to do it?  You just deal, I guess.

This poor little friend of Lil' Sis's is so insecure and not wanting to make new friends that she has latched onto my sweet little thing.  And my little one doesn't want anyone to feel alone or hurt, so she plays with this little one that tells her that Lil' Sis can't have any other friends besides her.  That she is going to be mean to Lil' Sis on the bus if they don't play together at recess, etc. 

The school has been notified, the teacher is aware, but yet my daughter doesn't want to stop being friends with this little girl. 

I have to commend her for sticking to her feelings, I guess.  I'm having a hard time with this, but I have to let them learn to make their own decisions...even if it means making the wrong one and getting hurt.  That way, we are there to help pick them back up and hopefully learn for the next time.  That is the whole purpose for parents, right?  To raise them to be good, decent people who love God, have good morals and treat everyone with respect. 

Hopefully this situation will resolve itself, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...